The Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries has been operating under the auspices of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia since April 1, 2021.
Why the Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries?
- Absence of formal association that would provide synergic cooperation of the trade fairs and conferences industries in Slovenia in the past 30 years,
- The lack of exchange in knowledge, experience and good practices in the trade fairs and conferences industries,
- Absence of common standards, criteria and regulations adopted in the trade fairs and conferences industries,
- Lack of recognition and support for the trade fairs and conferences industries as a driver of the economy and the export of its own know-how (mainly B2B fairs), from the legislative and executive authorities in Slovenia,
- Absence of education and further development of human resources with specific knowledge in the trade fairs and conferences industries,
- Absence of promotion of the trade fairs and conferences industries on the national and international level,
- Absence of international integration with connected or supporting bodies.
Our mission, vision and values:
- Mission:The Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries represents the interests of the fairs and conferences industries vis-a-vis the legislative and executive authorities at the local and national level, in the wider region and the European Union. Our main topics of interest include sales and export promotion, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises. Other areas of activity include policy recognition of the industries as a generators of economic activity and exports.
- Vision:The Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conference Industries is the first and main partner of the Slovenian economy, the government and other related activities both at home and abroad.
The values that guide us in achieving our mission and vision are creativity, cooperation, expertise, connectivity, responsibility and efficiency.
Our activities and tasks:
- Representing the common interests of our members,
- Defining, adopting and monitoring standards, criteria, regulations and provisions,
- Connection and partnership cooperation with authorities in the field of legislation,
- Establishment and inventory/identification of knowledge networks and partnerships in Slovenia and abroad,
- Monitoring of the development of the profession at home and abroad,
- Production of analytical and statistical data for individual substantive activities,
- Prevention of undeclared work in the activity,
- Establishment of a single point of trade fairs and conferences industries,
- Maintenance, launch and recovery of the Chamber’s activities during and after the Covid pandemic.
Areas - pillars of our operation:
- COVID-19: Anti-covid policy packages, The National Institute of Public Health, Ministry of the Economy, Development and Technology, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government timeline and concretization.
- Code of ethics:organizers of trade fairs, organizers of exhibition spaces, organizers of assembly halls, organizers of concerts/festivals.
- Legislative and executive authority:legislation, financing, tenders, promotion.
- Standards, criteria, licenses:classification of trade fairs - B2B, B2C, national, regional; fair calendar, glossary of terms, website.
- Internationalization:inclusion in international business associations.
- Promotion of activities.
Our working groups:
Areas - pillars of the Chamber’s activity and the Chamber’s working groups were defined before the Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries was formally established. The chamber’s working groups have operators and members who, based on regular meetings, defined timelines and set goals, are already performing their tasks. The unofficially appointed, already active leaders of the Chamber's working groups are:
- COVID-19 working group: Mrs. Špela Terpin (Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre and the Administrative Board of the Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries)
- Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries' code of ethics: Rihard Resnik (Enigma d.o.o.)
- Legislation and executive power: Robert Otorepec (Celje Fair)
- Standards, criteria, licenses: Boštjan Matko (Hiša Vizij, d.o.o.)
- Internationalization: Iztok Bricl (Ljubljana Exhibiton and Convention Centre)
- Promotion: Martin Cvetko (Prozvok d.o.o.)
Structure of the Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries:
- President of the Supervisory Board: mag. Iztok Bricl (Ljubljana Exhibiton and Convention Centre)
- Vice Presidents of the Management Board: Janez Erjavec (Pomurje fair), Rihard Resnik (Enigma), Martin Cvetko (Prozvok)
- Secretary General of the Board of Directors: Toni Laznik (ICM)
- Members of the Management Board:Janez Erjavec (Pomurje fair), Matjaž Turk (Primorska fair), Robert Otorepec (Celje fair), Rado Vrečko (Expo Biro), Rihard Resnik (Enigma), Dejan Žura (Event Sound), Boštjan Matko (Hiša vizij), Martin Cvetko (Prozvok)
- Director of the Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries: Lara Flega (The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia)
How to become a member?
We invite you to join us and become a member of the Chamber of Trade Fairs and Conferences Industries at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia and get all membership benefits. Contact us over e-mail for more information: email@example.com